Saturday 24 December 2022

And That's A Wrap Advent Day 24

Hello friends!

Thank you for sticking with me for 24 consecutive days{with one small blip in the middle} and looking at the advent calendar. I hope you have enjoyed seeing it daily as much I have enjoyed sharing it. After today I probably won't be writing for a little while now, probably the next time I write will be in 10 days or so with the name of the winner of my little giveaway.

So here without further ado we have door number 24 and it is a door so I think we have found where the key belongs at last!  It is very well hidden indeed!




I spent many evenings through November making some simple Christmas cards. I like to make things, but making has become more important than ever now because it's a therapy for my hands and coordination, and although it doesn't eliminate the tremors, the more I can do to keep my brain connecting with whatever it is that makes the commands happen, hopefully the longer I can delay the progression of this horrible disease.   

I used a variety of materials that I had on hand including pre cut shapes, die cut shapes, embossing, and more with everything being hand coloured using mostly alcohol inks with some watercolour, and a few gel pens, and glossy accents. I enjoyed making them so much but I ended up not sending any so as most of them are generic to winter rather than to Christmas they may be going out as Happy Winter cards instead.










 

Well yesterday I became the recipient of one of those wonderful ”pay it forward” gestures. A delivery person came to the door and we were chatting about different things and I just happened to mention to him the difficulties we've been having in this area over eggs.  I thanked him for bringing my parcel up I wished him a happy Christmas and off he went.  a few minutes later there was a top at the door and I opened it and he was back holding out a dozen eggs for me! I offered to pay him and he said no, he'd bought the last box of eggs in the butchers shop, wished me a Merry Christmas and on he went! Needless to say I ended up in floods of tears absolutely choked with his kindness.

On that note of joy, I  wish you all 

A very Happy Christmas

and a

Happy Healthy New Year 2023.


Until next time

Stay safe, stay well, stay warm

Debbie xo


9 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for sharing your advent calenday - I have so enjoyed seeing each day and the illustrations from various books.

    Your handmade Christmas cards are so lovely - I envy the recipients.

    What a kind gesture by the delivery driver - no wonder you were in tears.

    Wishing you a Happy Christmas and a Happy and Healthy 2023.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are really precious eggs that he gave you, what a kind gesture! Your cards are lovely! Happy Christmas Dedb, look after yourself! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely gesture, I make my cards too but use a photo so it isn't as much work as you. Missed some of your posts as I don't check every day - I'll have to go back and look at some of the older posts now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a lovely door you've opened for us, Deb! I've enjoyed your calendar very much.
    The cards you have made made me smile. The snowman is adorable. I'm so glad you are enjoying your art as it's good for your body and soul.
    Your egg story is so touching! It's lovely to hear that a sweet soul touched you with generosity! A lovely Christmas miracle.
    Merry Christmas, dear one! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Advent calendar has been such a treat - so many details to enjoy. And what a kind delivery person, around here they are usually gone before I can open the door - always in a rush

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect ending to the calendar. I enjoyed each day, seeing the woodland creatures visiting us. And I learned about stoats, too. lol
    Your cards are just so lovely. They will be loved by whoever you send them to.
    What a wonderful soul that delivery man is! God Bless him for his kindness.
    Enjoy your well-deserved rest. See you in the New Year~

    ReplyDelete
  7. (((((Deb))))) Your handmade cards are lovely. What a talent you possess! And those eggs -- great story, and great reminder to all of us to keep our hearts and ours eyes open for opportunities to bless others. A very merry Christmas to you, and may 2023 bring you peace and joy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Deb, I'm in tears about your egg delivery. What a kind gesture -- one that might be simple in simpler times but especially generous in these times. How beautiful. And I love each and every one of your cards. May your new year be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I wanted to thank you again for the 'American Tea Cake' recipe you posted here on August 17, 202. I've made it each Christmas and we love it - delicious and easy to make.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete