Wednesday 14 December 2022

Jackie Morris and Advent Day 14

Hello friends!

I'm typing this in the early morning wrapped up warmly in my pink oversized hoodie trying to keep warm while the heating tries to warm up the cottage from the balmy 14.2C it is this morning. That is inside not outside, by the way.  I've already had my bowl of porridge and I'm sipping on hot coffee.

Behind today's door we have a butterfly. I should know what this song is called but it eludes me it's too early in the morning and I think it's too cold for my brain cells to be moving around enough for the recall button to work! I've also zoomed out a little to include the sweet little hedgehog and dear little Robin because I know you all of those two creatures so much.

 



For today's illustrator and book I have chosen to share with you one of my selections for my Christmas Day reading. It is called “East of the Sun and West of the Moon”, and is illustrated by the amazingly {in my opinion} talented artist and illustrator Jackie Morris. I am lucky to have received a signed copy!

 


 






I am very lucky that I have seen several of her exhibitions in person.  I cannot begin to tell you how amazing her work is!

Until next time

Stay well, stay safe, stay warm

Debbie xo

7 comments:

  1. I love children's books. That's a particularly beautiful one, I agree. Love the butterfly! Your calendar is a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all the sweet creatures in the calendar. Such a pretty little butterfly. Thanks for including the hedgehog and robin. The books you have been showing are quite beautiful, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a nice butterfly surprise today! Memories of their beauty is always nice to think about. How nice you have such beautifully illustrated children's books. I must admit to being a little afraid for the little one on a polar bear. I'm sorry your home is so cold, but happy you are managing with warm clothing and warm food, and warm thoughts. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely butterfly and a beautiful book with great illustrations. Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely butterfly. I like Jackie Morris's work too. I have Lost Words and a couple of her other books. Her art is amazing. Stay warm and cosy :) Colder than ever today! -6 here last night and outside temp atm is -4.4 :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Jackie Morris's work too. I think they had a display of her artwork at the Botanic Gardens one year, when Tam was working there and I saw it when I went to pick her up. I wish I could draw and paint like that.

    Computer tells me it is - 10 here this morning - we took an executive decision to leave the heating on low overnight so we didn't come down to frozen kitties and pipes.

    Your nature calendar is lovely - I hope any overwintering butterflies made it through the night wherever they are tucked up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. P.S. I hope your home soon warms up today. We are south-facing so get the sun when it's out and that helps with the heat. Bedrooms on the north side too so the shutters/curtains have stayed closed all week!

    ReplyDelete