Tuesday 20 December 2022

Abysmal Christmas Television and Advent Day 20.

Hello friends!

Our weather is all over the place now. as you know we've had days and days of biting cold weather followed by gale force winds and torrential rain yesterday, and today is much calmer and surprisingly much warmer.  it is what it is there's nothing much we can do about it is there?

I have studied the Christmas Radio Times in length yesterday afternoon and all I can say is I am deeply disappointed with the programming on offer on Freeview, and what I suppose we would now call the terrestrial channels, as in not paid for by subscription. Time was when the Radio Times was a source of excitement as we eagerly awaited its arrival so we could plan our television viewing around the excellent films that would be on. I think on Christmas Day this year the two highlighted films for terrestrial viewers are “It's A Wonderful Life” and “Love Actually”. now, don't get me wrong, I enjoy both of these films immensely, however, they have been on repeatedly over the last month so I'm finding nothing special to look forward to and seeing these on Christmas Day.  There doesn't seem to be a blockbuster movie for terrestrial viewers on any of the terrestrial channels.  Very very disappointing indeed.  There are a few specials for different shows and I am looking forward very much to The Detectorists Christmas special, Which I think is going to be a real treat.  I'm also looking forward to the Call the Midwife special.  However, I'm not sure what is going on as I have scoured the pages for news on a Doctor Who Christmas special and can find nothing, very disappointing indeed.

I'm beginning to think to have something decent to watch that appeals to me I'm going to have to rent some movies from Amazon. I don't have prime or anything like that so I'll have to figure it out. I have two movies that I would really like to watch, Jurassic Park Dominion and Downtown Abbey a New Era.  It Will be a new era for me too if I'm going to be discovering how to watch these movies on my laptop!

Rant over!

Well this morning I actually went for a very short walk, only a few 100 yards but a walk nevertheless.  baby steps and all that so I hope in time I'll be able to cover more ground and take longer walks daily which will be better for my health, both mental and physical, my weight, and general overall well-being.  I didn't take my camera it's surprising how heavy it seems to be these days but again I'm sure in time I'll be able to start taking that with me too.

Here are today's advent photos.




Until next time

Stay safe, stay well

Debbie xo

5 comments:

  1. I'm sure you know how I feel about network television, Deb. Saying that we really enjoy Call the Midwife and many other British shows. Some of them are old by the time we get around to seeing them.
    In spite of the weather, I'm happy to hear you ventured outside. It does a heart good to breathe in the fresh air, doesn't it?
    The squirrel and the owl are sweet additions to your Advent calendar! Can it really be the 20th? Enjoy your afternoon, dear friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that terrestial telly is so dire this Christmas. I will need to get a Radio Times or something as we didn't have a weekend paper due to icy roads, and that normally gives us our Christmas viewing. We have Prime and Sky, as Keith watches so much tv.

    BRILLIANT news that you walked 100 yds. Keith can barely make it the length of the kitchen at present but hoping things will improve (dare I add the word FAST?).

    Love the squirrel and owl on your advent calendar too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so happy you were able to get outside for a bit of a walk. Yes, baby steps are the way to start. Every project starts with baby steps. I am glad, too that you got a break in your awful weather.

    Pretty owls and squirrel. Thanks for the picture of a couple of the squares together. It's nice to see more of the final picture together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so pleased you managed a short walk as it will make you feel so much better. I always find if I can get out I feel like a new person as I live far more in the moment.
    Christmas tv is always so disappointing these days. I haven't looked at Radio Times yet but the Detectorists Special sounds something to look forward to and Call the Midwife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cameras are heavy which is why Martyn bought me a phone which is supposedly the best for taking photos, I already have a mobile phone so just use it as a camera/

    ReplyDelete