Tuesday 6 December 2022

Mary, Mary, a Top Tip, and Advent Day 6.

Hello friends!

It's the 6th of December today which means it is also the feast day of Saint Nicholas, and if you would like to discover more you can click on this link I am struggling to type today, so you can read all the information should you so wish.

St Nicholas Day

Today's door was a little tricky to photograph as it's in the very bottom corner and it's quite a long door, which when opened reveals a frog very much ready to eat all those lovely blackberries it is surrounded by. It looks very like the frogs I get in my garden, and just about ready to jump off the page.




The Mary Engelbreit book I have chosen to share today is The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen. even the endpapers and the back cover have such attention to detail don't they?





 Another top tip I've got to share with you for keeping food and drinks hot is this. You can warm your bowls and cups before plating up your food by filling them with any surplus boiled, hot water that is sitting in your kettle. It takes the chill off the bowl or the cup so that when you pour your hot soup or drink into your bowl or cup the warmth from your food doesn't transmitter's quickly into the crockery thereby keeping it warmer for longer. Of course, you must always tip the water out before you tip your food in!

Until next time
Stay safe, stay well, stay warm
Debbie xo

6 comments:

  1. The detail on the frog is something. I love this woodland calendar. Mary Engelbreit's work is always amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely little frog and a great tip thank you :) Must admit I am not keen on Hans Christian Andersen or the Grimm Fairy Tale books. My grandparents had both and as a child they really frightened me! The Little Match Girl stands out as particularly horrid!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ragged Robin. I agree many fairy tales are quite scary. Have you ever read Women Who Run With the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estés?

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your tip today, Deb. The frog is so cute for today's entry. I do admit to being afraid of them when I'm startled by them in the garden. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's one of my favorite Mary books! Your advent calendar is so sweet! I love the frog. He has such personality!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I’ve not seen this Mary Engelbreit book! It is very nicely illustrated! Good tip about keeping dishes warm to keep food warm longer. Sending good thoughts to you!

    ReplyDelete