Friday 23 December 2022

A New Outfit for Himself and Advent Day 23

 hello friends!

It's the penultimate day of the calendar today, and today it's a beautiful owl in flight. I think tomorrow the mystery of the key will be solved, finally!




I've been doing a little knitting in my spare time. Treasure asked for a new jumper and who am I to say no to him? I also knitted him a snood style scarf because he's so tiny it's easier to keep on than a wrap around scarf style.  it's not easy to knit when your hands are shaking and having spasms, and he's a very tiny bear, under 4 inches tall, so I had to work with very fine yarn and needles, but persistence won the day.  I found knitting to be very good therapy for me so I have started knitting a dress for Dulcie bear.

here is treasure modelling for us in front of one of my handmade, hand painted cards.



I also took this screen capture from the Tesco website this morning. Eggs still not in stock, however reading your comments it seems that this is an intermittent problem across the UK varying differently from area to area.



Until next time

Stay safe, stay well and stay warm

Debbie xo

7 comments:

  1. What a lovely little jumper you have knitted for Treasure who looks so cute. Timothy is jealous :) When I used to make toys etc I found tiny things quite fiddly but I do like knitting and find it therapeutic - the repetition helps calm the mind so I hope you can carry on.
    Lovely barn owl and I look forward to seeing tomorrow's :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps Forgot to say - Local Tesco and Asda have no eggs at all but I did get 6 with my Morrisons order and OH bought a pack from M and S. So we were fortunate. What is the world coming to!!! I know avian flu may be a problem but surely they have to keep hens indoors if in a bird flu zone??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely owl and such a beautiful sweater for Treasure. Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Treasure looks gorgeous in his new outfit! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a splendid jumper Treasure is sporting! Well done, Deb! The flying owl is a beauty-what a lovely sight in flight.
    Sending you love and hugs, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. We've been lucky with eggs so far. I feel for the egg producing who have had to shutdown due to the horrendous cost of feed.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Treasure is indeed a treasure and I love your scarf. We can get eggs here in the US but the prices have skyrocketed.

    ReplyDelete