Wednesday 21 December 2022

Winter Solstice and Advent Day 21

Hello friends!

Just a very quick dipping in and out today with the advent calendar. I think we're all very busy right now, even those of us such as myself who haven't got very much to do are caught up in those last minute jobs before Christmas Day. 

Today being the 21st of December is also the Winter Solstice. For those of you who celebrate and mark the day, I wish you happy solstice! From tomorrow onwards the days will thankfully start to get longer, although we won't notice it for a month or so the fact that it is happening remains in my heart with hope for the future.

Remember that door without any numbers on it? Well I've scoured and scoured the calendar for door 21 and I cannot find it anywhere, so I can only assume that somehow this is an error in the printing and this is door 21.

Maybe not the best painting or representation of a stoat but I have to say stoats {and weasels, not forgetting pole cats}, are my favourite British wild animals, so I'm thrilled to see it on today's calendar.



Only a few more days left on the calendar now so

Until next time

Stay warm, stay safe, stay well

Solstice Blessings

Debbie xo poo


10 comments:

  1. Solstice blesseings to you, too. Love the stoat! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Yes, the stoat is a beautiful animal.

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to more light. All I want to do in the dark evenings is sleep. And 6 pm is way too early to go to bed. ;-) What a sweet little creature to greet us today. I know it as a weasel.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I do not like the dark evenings at all. And end up going to bed around midnight. That's interesting, because here a stoat and a weasel are two different creatures from the same family. A stoat is much bigger than the weasel. A polecat is a third member of the same family.

      Delete
    2. I had to google stoats to see if they were in North America and they are. I thought that they were the same as a weasel. You are absolutely right and I learned something new. :-)

      Delete
    3. We used to keep ferrets. They are of the same family too. Lovely little animals. Greatly misunderstood. Also in the same family, Wolverines and Otters. See, I'm not just a pretty face.

      Delete
  3. Now that's a critter I'm not familiar with, Deb! Happy Solstice to you, my friend! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. Stoats and weasels are beautiful animals, but they are also voracious, ruthless predators. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hope you had a lovely Solstice. Marks a turning point for me too even if as you say it takes a while for the lighter evenings to become apparent. We will be looking for snowdrops next :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the critter behind the mystery door. I suspect you are right -- a printing error. I hope your Solstice is lovely. The return of the light -- though it seems woefully slow to return here!

    ReplyDelete