Thursday 29 June 2023

This Is Getting Ridiculous Now

Hello Friends!

First, I must apologise for how photo heavy my last entry was. I hadn't realised until after I had posted it just how many photos of the garden flowers I had put in. It's a good job I didn't enlarge them which I normally do.  Mind I have a feeling this one's going to be fairly photo heavy too.

This is getting ridiculous. In a good way, though.  They've got only gone and picked another photo of mine to put in the local paper. I'm losing count now. This must be number five, or possibly even 6?  Only difference is this time, I'm getting a slot as photo of the day next Wednesday. So I've stepped up a notch LoL If they stop putting me in print, I'm sure I'll get withdrawal symptoms. More LoL.
Here's the selected photo of a female Common Blue, but it's such a pretty blue I don't think there's anything common about it, do you? The male, which I've yet to see, is a very pretty blue all over.  Stunning!  It's on mint flowers.


Here's a little montage I made of different shots.


Female under wing



I recently found thousands of photos stored on old laptops, old. USB sticks, and CD's, you name it, probably. around 8000 photos.  So it took me a couple of days to do it all but I slowly managed to upload them all onto one computer. Since then, I've been sorting them out. It's a long task. I've probably done just a couple of thousand so there's a long way to go with them. and I know I've got a few thousand more stored on some other old laptops. I've been having to store these laptops while I make the time to get the photos off them.  So as we're on a theme of butterflies, here's a few more different butterfly photos that I've uploaded recently.

Large White


Meadow Brown


Plume Moth




Orange Tip Butterfly Male


underside 


Brown Plume Moth


Cabbage White



Ermine Moth

Tortoiseshell Butterfly



Red Admiral




Brown Angle Shades Moth


Not sure of this one



Comma Butterfly


Is it any wonder they call the Buddleia the butterfly tree?


I have done my best to identify the butterflies and moths correctly. However, if you can see anything that I have given the incorrect information, please don't. please don't hesitate to correct it in the comments.

Continuing my theme of flavoured breakfast oats. I've added a few more to my repertoire.. One is Peanut butter and raisin oatmeal cookies, which I do enjoy served warm because that's the best way to eat a cookie fresh out of the oven. I'm still wrestling with how to do a lemon drizzle cake. I think the natural addition would be lemon curd, but I don't want to have to buy a whole jar to keep in the fridge just for the occasional bowl of. bowl of porridge.  On the other hand. putting real lemon juice in it's going to make everything pucker up. Why you're probably puckering now with a watering mouth, just thinking. about lemon juice aren't you?  Blueberry Pecan Muffin is another, with frozen blueberries, toasted pecans and a drizzle of maple syrup.  Hungry yet?

Until next time
Stay safe stay well
Debbie xx 



16 comments:

  1. Wow! Debbie - what a wonderful post and your photos of butterflies and moths are superb and beautiful. No wonder you got photo of the day with the Common Blue photo! I think the second moth may be a Fox Moth????
    More great ideas for porridge too :)
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caroline. They just present themselves in the garden. and I'll go out and avail myself of their presence. Posing obligingly for a few photographs is what I expect from them in fair exchange for me keeping my garden wildlife friendly for them. Lol. I'll check out Fox Moth and see if I can come up with anything for it.

      Delete
  2. Some amazing photos there - and brilliant butterflies - and well done for having another in the newspaper. No butterflies here yet - sadly. Although I have some purple broccoli plants arriving next month so I expect the cabbage whites will appear in droves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. I guess I've been really lucky with the butterflies attracted to the garden. I'm sure the cabbage whites will appear as you say in droves as soon as your broccoli plants are in the ground. It never fails.

      Delete
  3. You should open a porridge shop - eldest daughter went to one in Copenhagen and still waxes lyrical about the choices there - which sound pretty much like yours, I have to say! I am not a porridge eater but I could be converted - especially by the Bakewell Tart one!

    WELL DONE AGAIN with your photo being included. I should think it's because they are VERY good. Love this one of the Common Blue (I agree, far too pretty to be called Common). We've had some in the garden this week - then Pippi caught one and did for it.

    Well done on stepping up to the Photo challenge too. I really need to work out how to get mine into individual albums but that's probably a wet day job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. oh, my! a porridge cafe sounds great fun! Trust me the Bakewell Tart, one is Divine. I guess you could make it with cherry jam too.
      So many butterflies are anything but common in their colouring. Another favourite of mine is the comma. How many times do I have to say to people, but not to be confused with the punctuation mark?
      All sorting out these photos is daunting in. the midst of a lot of it, I'm hoping to find the full size originals before they got resized for sharing online Then there's the concern for out of date technology and will I be able to retrieve all the ones on my sixteen year old laptop.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the reminder, I do appreciate you taking the time to do it.

    Wow, so many photos you have been storing over the years. I am glad you are getting them uploaded onto one laptop. Congratulations on being chosen again for your superb photos! These butterfly and moth photos are amazing. "Common", indeed, bah! They are beautiful. I enjoyed seeing so many different ones. You could do a whole blog series just on butterflies and moths, no doubt.

    Looking forward to seeing more from your storage of thousands of photos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend. And you are most welcome for the nudge. I only wish I knew what it was that's causing the problem..
      It certainly is a chore and I do wish now I had taken more time to tag and label photos. I. also wish I hadn't kept all the duds.

      Delete
  5. My goodness, Deb, I love every butterfly photo you have shared with us! Congratulations on you! I can see clearly why your beautiful photos were chosen by your newspaper. How exciting to find all of these photos stored for this perfect moment in time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend, the butterflies are so pretty. They make it easy subjects. I hope I can encourage more to come into my garden. After all, I'm putting a lot of effort into keeping it wildlife friendly. The way the Mullein Moss Caterpillar have decimated my Mullein. I am really hoping I will be rewarded with this viewing of the adult Mullein Moth this year.

      Delete
  6. Deb, what a fantastic honor to have photographs chosen again for your newspaper! I’ve mentioned before how much I enjoy your photographs, and this post is filled with more beauty! I’m impressed even more that you are able to identify them! Great work combining your photos onto one computer! You inspire me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nellie. It's gratifying to see so many different butterflies coming into my garden as. especially as it is a complete shambles these days. But then I guess that's what a wild life garden is all about. As for the identification, it's a simple case of using Google or Bing to help me search for the identity of the different butterflies and moths. Then, of course, the hard part comes remembering which is which!

      Delete
  7. Now you have made me VERY hungry! Your photos are really gorgeous, congratulations on being in print again! Posts full of beautiful pics can never be too long! Have a great weekend, take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie I'm sorry if I made you hungry. enjoy your weekend. hugs deb.

      Delete
  8. A big WOW from me your photographs are fabulous.

    As an aside, on my post about Vegetable Frittata you asked how long frittata's would keep in the refrigerator ... I did reply to you but in case you haven't seen it I've copied the reply here!
    Frittata can keep well in the refrigerator for three to four days, please read more about this here.
    https://topfoodstoragereviews.com/how-long-does-frittata-last-in-the-fridge/

    My vegetable frittata post is here
    http://thelowcarbdiabetic.blogspot.com/2023/06/vegetable-frittata-delicious-lchf-dish.html

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Deb, I've only seen one butterfly in my garden this year so far. It was a Tiger Swallowtail on the Cone flowers. A Black Swallowtail caterpillar has eaten most of my parsley and the milkweed has a cocoon attached to its leaves. I've let it grow wild amongst the cone flowers and this year it has finally bloomed. The only butterfly that I've seen around here from your menagerie is the cabbage white. Lovely photos!

    ReplyDelete