Saturday 17 June 2023

Well, It's Happened Again!

Hello Friends!

Well, if it hasn't gone and  happened again and I've got another photo going in the local press.  I say local, but it covers all of Pembrokeshire and part of Sir Gaerfyrddin aka Carmarthenshire.  Here's their current choice from my submissions.

I got distracted from ICAD this week, so am now a little behind, but the distraction was legitimate as I needed to make a birthday card for an upcoming birthday of a friend.  I hope she likes it.  


It's a DL size and I used Chromaflow, Micron pens and Gel pens.

Back to what I've done so far for ICAD

Day 11/61 off prompt



Day 12/61 Moonlight


Day 13/61 Superstition


Day 14/61 Off Prompt



Day 15 Sea Glass

There is a back story to this piece which follows.

Four years ago I had been very down and unhappy since Christmas and missing Mum more than words can say. Then, my neighbour invited me to go down to Whitesands with her so I did. It was a beautiful day, cold but blue skied, and the tide was way out. As we walked along the vast expanse of sandy beach, I suddenly felt myself being drawn instinctively away from the path I was treading across the beach away from my companion. A few feet away, a tiny heart shaped piece of sea glass had called out to me and I answered its call.

Whitesands is not known for its sea glass, in fact it's not known for it at all, and it is a big beach and this is a tiny piece of heart shaped glass. I have never found sea glass before. This is my first piece and the odds of finding such a tiny thing on such a vast space must be infinitesimal.  Right place, right time; message from Mum? I'll leave you with that thought.

This is the piece of glass, under an inch at it's widest.


Day 15/61


So,, I am two days behind, and will play catch up today, hopefully.

In the meantime, 
Until next time
Stay safe stay well
Debbie 


14 comments:

  1. Congratulations again Debbie but well deserved your photo is gorgeous.
    I love the icad's - so imaginative and I would be very pleased to receive such a beautiful birthday card. A lovely and poignant story about the sea glass and your mum. I hope it brings you much comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Caroline. Yes, that tiny piece of glass has become the glue that holds me together at the worst of times.

      Delete
  2. Well done on another lovely photo in the newspaper
    and that piece of sea glass is a real treasure

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the photo, super! The ICADs are all wonderful, and the story with the seaglass heart very touching. What a treasure you have there! Take care, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. The vastness of the beach and the tiny piece of glass and me finding it is a miracle.

      Delete
  4. Wow - well done on your photo being published again. You are GOOD at this! As for that glass - who could fail to believe it was a message from your mum. What a treasure.

    With your lovely art, I think 12 (Moonlight) is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bovey Belle, it was nothing short of a miracle finding that tiny heart shaped glass. Moonlight is a favourite of many who've seen it.

      Delete
  5. Well done on the photography front. The sea glass was a lively story so poignant.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Say hi to your Mum for me!
    The heart is a treasure beyond this Earth.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. mum is no longer with us, but I know she is with me in spirit. The glass heart was my message from her in the great beyond.

      Delete