Sunday 11 June 2023

Rain That Isn't Really

Hello Friends!

Here are a few of the flowers blooming in my garden now.  As in previous years, I'm doing No Mow May, and given that the man who now comes once a month to mow for me is on holiday until mid June, it looks as if it's heading towards Thigh High July!!!  Warning: it's  photo heavy on flowers.

Rain is forecast.  The gardens really could use it, and water butts definitely need topping up!  However, on Saturday morning it did nothing more than what I  call damping.  I suppose it freshened things up if nothing else.  Today, it's misty and cold, a mere 17*C, and there is a sea fret.

As explained before, the garden really been left to it's own devices, and between the lawn and the borders there are:  Daisies, Buttercups, Herb Robert, Thistle, Dock, Self Heal, Cuckoo Flower, Clover, Mullein, Hawkbit, Valarian, Dandelions, Foxgloves, Mallow, Roses, Geraniums, Buddleia, old fashioned Pinks,  Poppies of all kinds, Teasels, Evening Primrose, even a patch of Nettles.  The Lavender hedge continues to delight me!  There are loads more that I can't even remember.  I do my best to ensure that "bought in" plants will provide pollinator accessible blooms and a good source of nectar, rather than the pollinator unfriendly double blooms.

















It didn't take the Mullein Moth long to lay eggs on the Mulleins!  Decimation commenced last week.

~~~~~

Moving on to art matters and the 61 day Annual Art Challenge

Day 6/61  "Wild Flowers"

Day 7/61 "Treble Clef"


Day 8/61 "butterfly"

Day9 off prompt


Day 10  Glyph  {I made this mandala using Alchemist's Symbols or glyphs for silver, arsenic, oil, dissolve II, purity, magnet, wax, Regulus II, and alkali}


These are the Sanntangle tiles I have been making, separate from the others.




I have stopped sharing my art on Facebook.  Someone, a public profile not on my friend list, openly, and uninvited, criticised my line work as "needing sharpening".  She has knocked my confidence badly, especially as she does not know that I have Parkinson's Disease and that holding a pen can be a challenge.  A classic example of "if you can't say anything kind, don't say it", or that we don't know what others are going through.  I can take criticism, in fact I welcome it, but not in the negative, destructive way this happened.

I hope you have enjoyed reading and viewing.  Don't forget I do like to know which is your favourite!  And, don't be shy if you've got any questions either, I'll happily do my best to answer.

Until next time
Stay safe stay well
Debbie xo

6 comments:

  1. Your garden is delightful, Deb, and good that you help the bees and insects. And your arty flowers are all fantastic, so hard to pick a fave, but perhaps for me it's the Day 9 off prompt. Some people are very unkind, just ignore them, even if they are hurtful. Your art is fantastic. So, I wish you a good night, I need to get to bed! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie, for your kind words. I think #9 is one of my favourites too, but then I'm sure you will understand when I say I get invested in each new piece. I hope you slept well, hugs, Deb

      Delete
  2. Your garden sounds like my sort of garden - mix of wild and cultivated plants all good for insects :) Glad you had a cooler day yesterday here it was dreadfully hot and humid.
    As you know Debbie I think your artwork is brilliant and that you are very talented. They are all superb but if I had to pick a favourite (well 2 really can't keep it to 1!) it would be the one with the alchemist's symbols and the first Wild Flowers.
    So sorry about the horrid comments on Facebook - negative harmful criticism is unkind. As the lady above says just ignore them because your art is very very good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your garden looks wonderful and I'm sure the bees and insects agree with me. As for your lovely artwork, oh gosh, which to choose. I think the Clef was what leapt out at me - so cleverly done, with the piano keys on its too. I also love the flowers of the first one. I think you are so imaginative and as for that woman who had the nerve to criticise you, I bet you wish you could retain your privacy AND tell her that you have PD. ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. People can be unkind. I think what you achieve is great - I think my favourite is the last one. No sign of any rain here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden must look glorious with all the things that have appeared without any help and as always your drawings and paintings are beautiful. The last is my favourite
    Why oh why are some people so nasty with comments - I only look at local village groups on Facebook - saves a lot of angst.

    ReplyDelete