Saturday 22 July 2023

A Fresh Twist with Kuretake




Hello Friends!

Here are the next seven pieces of the summer art challenge.  As there are just 10 left to go after today I will probably round them all up in one final post. 

A couple of days ago, I got some new paints by Kuratake Gansai Tambai.  The last couple of pieces are using these new paints, which I'm very excited about.

45/61

 
46/61

47/61

48/61

49/61

ICAD 50/61 off prompt

playing with new paints Kuretake Gansai Tambai


51/61 I'm still playing with the new paints today, but I took one of the floral motifs that I've been tangling with for several weeks and adapted it into a bumblebee.
 

The swatches show you the difference between the colours on white paper and black paper. I think they really designed to go on black paper more so than white because they really pop on the black.



I recently posted some family photographs on Facebook on a private page to which I belong. This has provoked a reaction in me now to write about. to write about the family dog. so in forthcoming entries, I will be writing about Skippy, the English Springer Spaniel. I have long threatened to write a book about his misadventures, of which there were many. Maybe it will become a blog instead. who knows what direction it will take?

Wherever you are in the world, I hope the weather is not being too unkind to you I know some of you are very near to the Canadian border and are getting smoke from the wildfires that are rampaging there It is so cold. I am almost on the point of putting the heating on, seriously, I joke not.

Until next time
stay safe stay well
Debbie xx 

11 comments:

  1. You will have fun with your new paints, the blues and golds are lovely.
    I look forward to hearing about your dog.
    We only had cats - Mum hated dogs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. We had cats and dogs. only one dog at a time, but as many as 4 cats. Of course, there were the omnipresent goldfish.

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work as usual Debbie :) I really like the new paints they will be great to work with and I agree they look better on a black background. Having said that I love the bumble bee painting.
    I look forward to hearing about your dog and what it got up to!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline. The Bumblebee is a work in progress now. I'm keeping on experimenting with it.
      I think everybody had better be prepared for the adventures of Skippy.

      Delete
  3. Your cards are beautiful, love them all. And your new paints are fantastic, I'm sure I might need some, too! Such colour an d shine, wow. Have a nice evening and a good night! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. Yes, they are lovely paints and you definitely need some! I didn't know how much I needed them until I got them home.! hugs, Deb

      Delete
  4. Our AC is on and will probably be on for the whole summer! How different our weather is from you! We had to wear masks when we took our early morning walk on Wednesday. The smoke from the fires in Canada have blown through our area 3 times so far and we've heard it won't be the last.
    As I've mentioned your designs remind me of Indian fabric that is used in many things including tablecloths! They are all so lovely!
    Looking forward to hearing about Skippy. My childhood dog had the same name. Take care, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen. Yes, I remembered Virginia summers all too well with the air conditioning going flat out. Night and day.. It is quite frightening how the smoke in from Canada has reached you. Smoke from wildfires is quite frightening, as we discovered here last summer, if only for a few short hours, Two of our local cornfields caught light. It was a very uncomfortable and frightening experience as I suffer from asthma. I had to increase my dosage. I had to shut all the doors and windows in the heat wave, which was very uncomfortable and ended. up breathing through a dampened cloth across my face. What have we done to our beautiful planet?

      Delete
  5. I think I like the fourth one 49/61 best this week I look forward to hearing about Skippy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel like I say the same things over and over, but I love the colors, the shimmer and sheen, the tiny details and how intricately they are all made. They are so beautiful. I think # 48 is my favorite, which surprises me because I thought for sure that I would pick the hearts. I guess you never know what is going to catch your heart. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again, Debra, your designs are stunning! And I love your new paints. We are only 100 miles north of Martha Ellen so we have had to contend with the Canadian wildfire smoke, too. AND it's been HOT most days, but not like in the Southwest. I can say Maryland is still mostly out of the extreme weather disaster zone the U.S. has been experiencing this year. I am very grateful to live on a mountaintop with no threat of flooding (except for our pipes!)

    ReplyDelete