Saturday 26 August 2023

The Foibles of Bloggle and What Happens to Your Coffee

Hello Friends!

I hope my new word Bloggle amuses you.  What does it mean I hear you whisper amongst yourselves?  Well, it's a combination of blogger and boggle, because my mind is boggling at what Blogger is doing hence bloggle. 

Google's latest trick sent to frustrate and confound me is to allow me to publish your kind comments and the next thing I'm finding them inexplicably moved into my spam box despite the fact that I have published them!!!

Blogger is also not keeping me informed of new followers, but I note my numbers have gone up, so Welcome, Welcome to my little corner of the world.

As regular readers will recall I recently took part in an online Twinchie art challenge.  It was only twelve days, but I made a lot more than 12 miniature pieces of art. So as always, the question arises of how to store them?   Many of you may remember I enjoy making custom made boxes for things, so that's exactly what I did, and here it is.  I used a Martha Stewart punch for the central motif and glued a piece of old gold card to the underside which also provides stability.

Under construction, with clamps holding wet glue while it all cures.




It's nice to be able to make custom fit boxes for just about anything. 

You may recall one of the small pieces was a 2 inch square with a lighthouse on it. Well, I enjoyed making that one so much that I did a small  A5 piece using the two inch piece as my source of inspiration here. it is now, following the Twinchie version.


Here is the A5, the rays of light need working on.


I have been commissioned to make another one of these lighthouse paintings. How exciting is that?

And now the big question.  What happens to your coffee when you put it alongside your paint water?  Why, this of course!


It can be worse when your paint water looks like pineapple juice.  I will say no more on the subject.

Until next time
Stay safe, stay well
Debbie xx


17 comments:

  1. Well, Deb...I know how frustrated you have been with your blog and all the troubles you are encountering. I hope you figure it all out or they simply stop messing with the blogs!

    I think the wee boxes are perfect for your tiny paintings. They are adorable. And practical, too.

    The lighthouses are lovely and congrats on getting a commission to do another.
    I won't comment on your...ahem...coffee mishap. ;-)

    Take care~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene.. I am beginning to wonder if the foibles of blogger are something to do with my browser. Some people are having problems some are not and know two people seem to be having the same issues. It's very strange. Thank you for not commenting on my coffee mishap. xx

      Delete
  2. Darling box, Deb! I like the design punch. Do you use a special card stock to make your boxes? A great way to store your lovely art. You know I love the lighthouse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Martha Ellen. I tried to use a heavyweight card, but I'm always reinforcing them to give them extra rigidity and strength. I've used a lot of Graphic 45 but this was. just ordinary card. I happen to have on hand. I thought you might like the lighthouse. Have a lovely weekend.

      Delete
  3. Love the lighthouses.
    The blogger/spam thing is just plain silly - I've given up thinking about it and just put the comments back again whenever I find they've been spammed - sometimes weeks later than when they were originally published

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue. Yes, I'm letting it go now. At least I know I'm not the only one getting the problem. And I've got my identity back. I'm no longer anonymous.

      Delete
  4. Yes, I too experience problems/glitches with comments going into spam ... I regularly check the spam folder. There are some blogs where I can only comment as anonymous! It's all quite strange and sometimes a little frustrating :)

    I do like the lighthouses.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan. You're having the same blogging issues as I am. I'm beginning to suspect it might be a browser compatibility issue Who are we to reason why?

      Delete
  5. So sorry you are still having so many problems with blogger Debbie. I looked for a spam folder for my blog the other day but couldn't find one! I just wanted to check if any of my comments had gone into there as you are having so much trouble.
    Love the boxes and the lighthouses :) Those paints you use are so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Caroline. I'll take some screen captures and email them to you to show you where I find my spam folder. Seems like this are having the same problem as I am.

      Delete
    2. Thanks Debbie -just seen it :)

      Delete
  6. To be honest Bloggers antics were one reason for starting to use Wordpress but we kept the blogger links so followers could still find us.
    When I was at school, I used to help at a centre for the mentally handicapped. One of the main issues when painting with them was making sure they didn't use their drinks for rinsing paint brushes and then taking a drink or just drinking the paint brush water.
    Congratulations on the commision

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue I tried WordPress and I just didn't get on with it at all.

      Delete
  7. Oh yes, I have drunk paint water so often! Congratulations on your commission! Love the twinchie box. Have a good week, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think when you keep a beverage and your paint water on the same table space we're asking for trouble. It becomes. an occupational hazard Enjoy your week, hugs, Deb
      p.s. Ida;s ASG begins Thursday!

      Delete
  8. Ah! I learned a long time ago to keep my drinking and water cups far away from each other. LOVE your lighthouse twinchie and nice A5 based on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie. I'm afraid mixing our drink with our paint water is an occupational hazard for any artist

      Delete