Saturday 16 December 2023

More Crafty Makes

Hello friends!

I know I promised you a special post leaving you with a bit of a cliffhanger and keeping you in suspenders. However, life, or in this case Christmas gets in the way and that might be a post or two away now. I hope to get that special post up before Christmas.

This is just a quick share of some crafty makes I've been doing, this is what got in the way of the special announcement post. I love making small boxes and custom envelopes to accommodate gifts. I do my best to make the boxes reusable. I've made quite a few for myself for different purposes. I put my index card art in them and they fit perfectly because I customize the size to fit.  Anyway, I hope the recipients will either reuse the boxes for gifting or better still use them for storing small bits and bobs in maybe in their dresser drawer.

I made this box using 300gsm cardstock and strengthened it by lining it with the same card. So I suppose that makes it 600 gsm. I used a Martha Stewart Snowflake border punch and I colored in the band using alcohol ink and then I stuck that to the box which also gave extra rigidity.






I then had to make an envelope for a CD. I used a different type of punch to make a band around the outside.




Finally, using the same type of punch, but with a different design I made this greetings card. It's a very clever punch. It's just one motif, but it comes with instructions on how to place it to make an all over pattern. After I punched it out in the red card I cut a piece of plain glitter paper for a liner underneath. I used the same type of glitter paper to back the motif, which was cut out on the back of the envelope. I do like to do things that coordinate or tie in with each other. and punching the motif on the back of the envelope ties it all together.








I've had these punches, and many more Martha Stewart products, for years and not bothered using them. So it's high time I did something with them, don't you think? I am notorious for buying things that seem like a good idea at the time, then they languish in boxes and drawers.

Had the pandemic not happened, and had my health not failed me so, it had been my intention to set up a small cottage industry making custom designed cards and boxes for sale as a supplementary income. It was not to be.

Until next time.
Stay safe stay well.
Debbie.  xx


12 comments:

  1. They are just so pretty. I am sure that they will be very well received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb! I have lots of Martha Stewart puunches, they ate all great! Love the boxes and envelopes, great idea. Stay well, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I now have to figure out how to sharpen mine. Hope you're feeling better, hugs, Deb

      Delete
  3. The boxes are a gift in themselves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm hoping they will be kept and used.

      Delete
  4. Darling boxes and cards, Deb! I love the lace looking one that holds a CD. We have made boxes over the years and one I can recall was using the years past Susan Branch calendar. Love seeing your creativity, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Oh! I've many lovely calendars, what a marvelous idea. Enjoy your weekend my friend.

      Delete
  5. They all are so pretty that I would not want to touch them to open them up. ;-)
    They are so lovely. You put so much thought into them to make them as beautiful as possible. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have some very special Graphic 45 card which makes beautiful boxes. Martha Ellen {see above} suggests old calendars too! xx

      Delete
  6. It would be lovely to receive a gift in such a box - and if it came to me it would certainly be re-used :) They are so creative and pretty Debbie - you have a real talent for making such items.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are very creative.
    I like the boxes and think the CD envelope look great.
    Very well done.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete