Monday 1 May 2023

Whoot Whoot Made the Local Rag!

Hello friends.

What's news? I am still plodding on. Still in pain. Still having great difficulty walking. Still housebound. The latter to the point that I can barely make it out into the garden now. I'm still waiting to be seen by the CMAT.  And I'm still taking large amounts of painkillers, which of course come with their own set of side effects. Despite this, I am still trying to be as positive as I possibly can and hope that once I do get seen they will be able to do something for me.

It seems that my cottage is now non-stop with various people coming to the door. Occupational therapists. Physiotherapists. Community Connectors. Quite a long list of people trying to help, but I doubt there's very much any of them can do for me until I can regain my mobility.  The irony is that this has nothing to do with the Parkinson's! 

In the mean time, I am still not sleeping well. At least I have the television in the same room as me. But do you have any idea of the drivel that is on during the night? And I'm sleeping in my arm chair. None of this can be doing me any good. But what is doing me good is my painting. Some days I don't feel like doing anything particular, so I turn to my colouring in books. Other days I use stamps to make images. Or sometimes I go into full on paint a proper picture mode.

I think I lost the plot with this first one. I made a small simple image using Hobby Art stamps. After I'd coloured it all in, there was a vast white space at the top of the page. Brusho, I said. So, Brusho it was. Except the brush show came out in a little bit too much of A rush and we have rather a bright, vibrant blue sky.  Maybe the mushrooms were psychedelic?  Joking I am.


This one is very finely detailed. It came from a book of postcards. Printed ready for colouring. Very, very fiddly work.


This one is another composite of several Hobby Art stamps.



Am I allowed to say that I am well chuffed with this next one? Well, even if I'm not allowed, I'm going to say it anyway. I'm well chuffed with this.
This Arum Lily was given to my father. So I inherited it in the garden. I took some photos of it a few years back {see below} and I have always wanted to paint pictures of flowers I have grown. So I went for it. It's watercolour.



Finally. This morning I was on the phone with a friend. And she said, oh, I saw your photograph in the Western Telegraph. I didn't know what she was talking about. Anyway, it turns out that's the Western Telegraph Camera Club page on Facebook. Of which I am a member chose one of my photographs as their top six of the year so far.  Can I say I'm chuffed again? I'm chuffed again.
Here's the link to the page where it can be seen. I hope it works for you wherever you are if you're trying to look at it.


Until next time.
Stay safe, stay well.
Debbie. xo

16 comments:

  1. Hi Deb! Wow, congrats on hitting the news with your lovely photo! Sorry you are still having so much pain, but good that at least you get from help from various people. So many painkillers are really not a good solution, I know. But your art is beautiful! Sending hugs and prayers, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Valerie. I agree, re: pain relief, but once I am properly diagnosed that should change. It's the waiting times!

      Delete
  2. Your photo in the local was excellent. I love Whitesands (except when there is a strong wind blowing the sand everywhere). Your artwork is very good too especially the Arum Lily. I too have some stamps from Hobby Art which I use a lot but my favourite stamps are by Aall & Create. I have recently bought some mica powders from Create & Craft which when mixed with water makes a really good paint. Wishing you well and hope your situation improves soon. Pain is never easy to cope with. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Now, when I am fit and able, the beach in a storm is my favourite! Did you ever see the short lived career of Leonie Pujol's stamp range? I really love them.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on the photo and your artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Huge congratulations on the photo in the Western Telegraph - its a beautiful picture. Chuffed for you.
    So sorry about the pain you are in and I so hope you get an appointment soon and get appropriate treatment to ease it.
    Love all the art work and the arum lily painting is just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The good news cheered me up some, but the pain is soul destroying.

      Delete
  5. Oh, Deb! I am sorry you are dealing with such pain! Wonderful news that your photo appeared in the local! I’ve mentioned before, and I mention again, how much I enjoy your art. It’s great that painting gives you such pleasure! Always sending hugs across the pond!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, the cheerful news picked me up!

      Delete
  6. Beautiful Lily photo and painting and Congrats for getting that lovely photo into the Newspaper.
    Hope you get the appointment and help with that pain very soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. All I know is I'm on the waiting list, and it's long.

      Delete
  7. Well, I can see why you are chuffed with the lily. I should think that would be a hard image to paint and you did it beautifully. And I loved the photo -- the link worked fine. What a beautiful sight that is! That pain thing -- sounds grim and I hope you can get some help soon. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. holding on is about all I can do now, and hope to be seen soon!

      Delete
  8. Definitely allowed to be chuffed. It's not only through the night that the TV is showing drivel - it's getting worse. I hope that you get some help some.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Dear Deborah, considering all that you've been going through, for which I am so sorry, your art is even more meaningful. It has always been beautiful, so I am so glad you haven't let your physical limitations and pain deter you from pursuing it. Your indomitable spirit is shining through and a blessing not only to yourself but others.❤️

    ReplyDelete