Saturday 13 May 2023

Ooops I did it again!

Hello friends.

To quote that irritating song by Britney,  Oooops, I did it again.

OK, So what did I do again? Well, they only went and picked another one of my photos for the Western Telegraph Camera Club.

The theme this week was Displays. I submitted a photograph of the local chocolate shop. Well, I suppose it comes down to who could resist a cabinet full of chocolates.

Here's the link for anyone who's interested in seeing mine and the other photos.

WT Camera Club

I don't know what is wrong with Blogger these days. I am down as anonymous. Even for my own blog, but then again, not on everybody's blogs.

I'm having a doozy of a time with the powers that be. By that I mean all things such as organisations  and services to help me get myself set up to enable me to remain in my own home.  Still, I'm hoping I'm starting to see light at the end of the tunnel. I'm still waiting to be called for my assessment with my spine. It's already been twice as long as they said it would be. And the only thing that they prepared to confirm to me is that I am on the waiting list. I am on maximum painkillers. At this, coming from somebody who barely takes a painkiller in her life is something.  Over the past few months, I have had to eat big portions of humble pie. I'm learning slowly that I have to ask for help, and must accept help when it is offered.  For one who values her independence as greatly as I do, this is a very difficult time.

I shall be indulging in Eurovision tonight. Who would have thought just 20 years ago that it would have turned into the nearly fortnight long extravaganza that it has? At 10 years ago, who would have thought that Australia would have been in the competition?

Until next time.

Stay safe, stay well.

Debbie. xx

12 comments:

  1. I think I heard this morning that even people in countries who don't take part can vote in tonight's Eurovision - might have heard wrong. I shall try and stay up until the end but may fail and listen to the voting on the radio in bed

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems you heard right. Pretty soon we're going to be. The Worldvision Song Contest.

      Delete
  2. Whoops forgot to say there are some interesting ideas for the photography competition and well done for winning again

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I can see why they chose your photo! It made me want to grab handfuls of the display!!

    Sorry it is taking so long to get your care package together and your assessment on your spine too. I hope you are still able to do some artwork to keep yourself cheerful, and that you sat outside and enjoyed the sunshine today. It was almost too hot to garden at one point!! That said, I get hot quickly when I'm working.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I used to work there. This is an old photo with the no longer available Pembertons chocolates, which were absolutely delicious. Sadly I can't even manage getting in and out of the cottage door, so I am truly stuck indoors at the moment.

      Delete
  4. Super photo and well done again :) Your picture just wants you to go out and buy and big box of good quality chocolates.
    So sorry about the delay with the spinal unit appt and having to accept help. It must be so difficult for you at the moment when you are such an independent lady. The weather looks much better for a while so I hope you can get outside and sit in your garden and keep on with your art.
    Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Caroline. At least Tesco's is coming with a big bar of Tony's chocolate in a couple of hours. As for the weather looking better, I'm glad you have got it, but we're sitting under a thick sea fog again. Apparently they've got thick fog in Dorset too. Make the most of your sunshine. xx

      Delete
  5. Your photo is terrific. And yes, humble pie is a bitter dish sometimes. But like many things we don't enjoy "eating," it's probably good for us -- and the end result, helpful. But having to wait so long for the appointment -- that's a super tough thing to have to deal with. (I've done the same and hate it.) I hope it comes very soon.

    I don't know if I've mentioned this before but go to lifeandlinda.com and on her menu tab look for blog tutorials -- and then down to "anonymous comments" (or similar. That helped me and I haven't had that problem since.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Yes, NHS want to full as it is when it works. Is the most awful, abysmal thing when it doesn't work. We've always had waiting lists. They became unacceptably long during the pandemic and now being exacerbated by nurses and doctors going on strike
      for better pay and working conditions.
      I'm off to check that link you've kindly provided. You won't believe this. I published your comment yesterday when I found it, but Blogger only went and just slid it into my spam folder instead. I do not know what is going on.

      Delete
  6. Has Australia move into Europe? You'll need to perfect pester power to get the powers that be moving. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete