Tuesday 22 September 2020

Still Playing in New Blogger

Hello Friends!

I am exploring the new Blogger.  I am sure we all are now.  It has it's faults, there are many, but I've found a lot of great, new features too, such as a very easy way to change your fonts.  As a calligrapher, I can't resist a font!  This is called Eagle Lake.

I am having fun with it, are you?

I can change the colour too, which I could do before but it didn't hold when published.  Let's see, shall we?

I can now add emoji's.  🐻🌈💗

And, I discovered I can now add photos directly from my Google account!

My favourite magazines for Autumn

These will be mostly square, not oblong, as they are linked from my Instagram account: countrywaysandcottagedays

New Blogger is getting more exciting than it was, and the more I  play, the more I like, and I am starting to like it!  A lot.

Enough about that for now, I am sure we'll all be sharing more things as we discover them, and persevere with the new interface.  Soon, we'll wonder why we didn't like it!  I know I'm in the Honeymoon period with it right now. 

So, let's play with the pictures.  Here are some random ones imported from Google.

We hardly ever get Autumn colours where I live, and these were taken a few miles inland, on my two hour journey to visit my darling mother.  I remember the day so well, the sky was clear and blue, a perfectly comfortable Autumn morning.  My spirits were high with the beauty of the day.  Little did I know that in a few weeks my heart would be broken.


As you can see, they can now be custom resized to fit using drag handles, no longer just small, medium, large, and extra large.  Of course, you still have the small, medium etc. options available if you don't want to use the drag handles.
My little helper getting into mischief
My favourite sunflower socks and although resizing is easy, don't do as I did here {for an example} and drag to resize from the middle.  Unless you really do want to distort your image, use the corner drag handles!
My other favourite flower socks 
Japanese Wind Anemones
Ruby red apples on the bough
Small handful of late ripening strawberries 
More rosy red apples to harvest
Wild blackberries, juicy jewels of goodness

I will get back to more normal things next time, but am happy playing in new Blogger finding all the features and experimenting.  Hope that those of you who've struggled soon find yourself settling down with it too.  

I don't know about you, but I find the "undo" feature a very useful tool.

Until next time

Stay Safe; Stay Well
Deborah xoxo

20 comments:

  1. Glad you are having fun find ding new-to-you features in Blogger, but the fonts and colours were all there before in the advanced settings. But it does have some good features, that's true, and playing and experimenting is always fun. Love the photos - are all those delicious fruits in your garden? How lovely. And I adore those socks! Have a fun day, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. I hadn't found any of the fonts, just the basic ones, and although I often tried to adjust the colour it never showed up when I published, so gave up. Still, it's good to have them now! Hugs, Deb

      Delete
  2. Beautiful autumnal photos - so pleased you are starting to enjoy the new blogger. Some of the new features are good such as the emojis. I tried to change the background colour from white to pale blue and that didn't work! May try changing the text colour next. I've not played around with the photo features as I just upload them but hopefully as I get more confident I will as I am not happy atm with the uploaded quality. Thanks to you I discovered how useful that undo button is!! :) Take care and stay safe and well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ragged Robin. It's like having a new toy to play with, isn't it? It's thanks to you I found I can use emojis too. It's all about sharing the new things so many of us are discovering. I'll have a look at the background colour later and let you know what I find. Stay safe and well, have a lovely day.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful photos and How lovely to have some late strawberries.

    I'm just glad that a few problems that the first version of new blogger threw up have been mostly sorted, especially adding,moving and re-sizing photos.
    I found that there is a way to put in one word and have every post that mentions that word filtered in - clever stuff.
    Could do with not having to change "Paragraph" to "normal" so often for line spacing - but a minor problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Yes the strawberries are still yielding a small, three times weekly pick. Amazing. I think I put it in 'normal' and just hit enter twice for a paragraph. It will settle for us, I'm sure. That word filter is one step too far at the moment for me.

      Delete
  4. Aren’t you doing great with the new Blogger! I’ve not taken time to explore; just still doing the regular thing from before. I may have to try some exploring soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nellie. The trouble is, once I start playing I find something else and it just follows on and an hour or two is gone!

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you enjoy the new interface on Blogger, Deb. I must admit to not having problems--I sure don't want to speak too soon and jinx that. I started off right away with the new blogger and found the format fairly easy.
    I'm surprised to see your strawberries--how wonderful. And your apples look great. Such pretty jewels of blackberries as well.
    Happy Autumn to you, my friend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. I admit the only real issues I had weeks ago was that the font changed half way through, but that's okay now, and I don't like that you get one shot at putting your photo in place or you have to start again with the image.
      The strawberries are a real treat.
      Glad to hear your days are cooling down! Deb xoxo

      Delete
  6. It makes me smile to hear the fun you are having with your experiments with Blogger. I hope you uncover lots more things to make you happy. It's always a treat to see your photos. And your helper. :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, my friend, yes I moaned in the beginning, but it's all settling down now. xoxo

      Delete
  7. Glad you're having fun with it. I'm still sulking about it changing how I have to do things, but I'll get over it. I did the other times it's changed since I started using Blogger all those years ago (I've been blogging since 2006) and am sure I will this time too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Victoria. Yes, I admit I was quite put out too. We get so accustomed and it becomes second nature, then poof! it's all changed. I don't understand why they feel the need to fix if it's not broken, but who are we to say? I know we'll all get used to it eventually.

      Delete
  8. That fruit and those berries look to die for -- so delicious. So, your mum passed in the autumn? I'm so sorry. That may mean you are coming up on the anniversary. Decades later I still find them difficult and I miss her so. Dad, too. I know you will find a special way to honor her. The leaves are lovely. I'm getting used to new blogger too. It's not so bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. Yes, I lost both my parents in the Autumn. My Dad's anniversary is in a few days at the end of this month, and Mum's second anniversary is end of October. I don't think we ever stop missing them or feeling the pain. It's not going to be easy finding a way to honour them this year as our restrictions just tightened up again. I will also have a very strange birthday too.

      Delete
  9. I haven't really had time to play but I do like that font - hope that you won't mind if I steal it. You also need ti be aware of the original photo size when resizing as you can make a small photo look blurry if you make it larger than the original - but you knew that didn't you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue, no I didn't know that. I do proof my post before publishing, and so far all has looked fine on my laptop, so I am hoping it will be fine on the devices of others. I will remember that!

      Delete
  10. Now, I know that I need to do more exploring with the new Blogger because I really liked the font you tried here. Also, I admit to not knowing about resizing the photos the way you stated. I did know to drag from edges but didn't know it could be done in Blogger, so good to know! My father also passed away in the fall, early October, and how well I remember the date.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A lot of us are trying to share what we are finding out as we play with the new format. So sorry to hear about your father, you must be coming up on an anniversary.

      Delete