Thursday 20 October 2022

Return to the Garden and the Magical Eye of Ceridwen

Hello, friends!

I am between art courses at the moment. The next one starts in a week. It's a 10 day long course by Ida Lang Anderson. We work on one piece of art over the 10 days. It's going to be an interesting project for me because I am not a patient person in that respect. I like to see my results quickly.

In the meantime, I had help, as I mentioned previously with my garden. A lot of clearing has been done and now the garden is resting in between seasons and recuperating its strength. Clearing debris meant a lot of space freed up so that light could get in between the plants again.  I could not resist half an hour in the garden, walking round, capturing the lovely sunlight with its unique autumnal qualities.

Native Fern

Bramble leaves in sunlight



Rosebay Willowherb seed heads







Late flowering rose on the rugosa.

Rosa ragosa hips.



Spider web in the camellia.

Japanese wind anemones

Cosmia Lucifer, seedhead.



The Magical Eye is a warm up exercise for the next art course I am doing which is called Wish Upon A Star. Hosted by Ida Anderson Lang.  
I don't have a fine gold pen at the moment, so I've left the wording off for now. When I do add it, it will be named after Ceridwen, the Welsh Enchantress.  
Looking at this now, I can see I really do need to work on eyelashes! But then again, I've only been doing faces of any sort. for a couple of months. It will come in time, I'm sure.
Practise! Practise! Practise!



Since I last wrote, I have had a thorough asthma and respiratory checkup. This is the first one I have ever had that has been so thorough, it lasted an hour, is to be followed with a review in a month, and I have to have blood tests to try and find out what my trigger is.  I've come out with completely new medication, and I'm really hopeful that we might shortly discover the cause behind the worsening of my asthma.  It was generally agreed today that although I have only had my official diagnosis in 1999, it is most likely I have been asthmatic since I was a baby at age 6 weeks old when I had my very first attack of bronchitis.  I've gone from two medications, {one to be taken twice daily, one to be taken as needed} to four different ones, now taken very differently. Fingers crossed this new regime will work better and I will see an improvement in my respiratory system.  Shake me and I rattle!!!

Until next time
Stay Safe, Stay Well
Debbie xoxo

18 comments:

  1. I do hope the new asthma medication helps I really do.

    Love the painting at the end and I hope you enjoy your next art course.

    Great news about help in the garden and lovely to see your photos. So much detail in them and creativitiy :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ragged Robin, thank you. I do miss my macro photography. I grow my garden with the purpose of photography. And of course, eating too. Yes, I am hoping the new asthma medication and regime will help too. Turns out the pharmacist told me an incorrect way to take one of the tablets I'm taking, which explains why it's been hit and miss in its efficiency.

      Delete
  2. Hi Deb, I so enjoyed your walk through your garden, such a wonderful place! I hope your asthma will now get less with the new meds. YOUR EYE IS FABULOUS! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Patiently waiting now for the full course to start on Monday. It's going to be a long 10 days, just making one piece of work. Hugs Deb.

      Delete
  3. Glad you have had the garden work done. I need someone to come and do the bottom triangle of land but NOT the someone I employed last year who charged me a day's work rate for 3 hours' work . . .

    Love that eye painting. Beautiful.

    Hoping that your new asthma medication will help. I am on a big dose but it lets me do the things I want to do, with walking etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bovey Belle. I had a similar experience earlier in the year! Spent most of his day on his phone. Photos of my garden showed up later on Instagram. I was not best pleased.
      The new asthma medication is swapping my morning pump for a combined dose. They've also added in nasal and oral steroids. So I'm hoping they will work. My respiratory issues are aggravated more at night than during the day.

      Delete
  4. First of all, your photos are gorgeous. I think gardens at this time of year have a beauty all their own. And I hope they will come up with some solid diagnoses/recommendations for you and that the new meds are effective. I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. On both counts. The autumn light is second to none. Other than maybe the light of early spring. Some of my medication is tweaks on existing ones, others are completely new. I'm praying for a successful result as well.

      Delete
  5. Goodness Deb, I sure hope the new meds help with your breathing asap! Your macro photos are fabulous as always! I especially enjoyed how you captured the light behind the fern showing the seeds--great job! Take care and continue to wear your mask! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. I hope they sort me out too. It can be quite frightening at times. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Great photos of your garden. The seed head photos are so interesting. The play of light in your garden is lovely.

    Fingers crossed for your asthma. Hoping for improvement.

    The Magical Eye is beautiful and magical. I think you did very well. Hey, why can't the eyelashes be just right for a "magical eye"? I think they are.

    Love and hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Darlene. my friend. Yes, seed heads are just as interesting, sometimes more so than the actual flowers they come from. I've already worked up a different I I'm doing a full sheet of them now so that I can get good practise in. Love and hugs back at you, my dear friend. xoxo

      Delete
  7. I love taking macro shots - you see things that you never saw with the naked eye. I hope they get to the bottom of your heath issues,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Macro is one of my favourites too, and it often reveals something you didn't see when you were taking the shot. I will be glad to if they can resolve things for me. It's been going on for years, but it takes a frightening respiratory episode involving paramedics to get things on the ball.

      Delete
  8. So happy you had generous friends come to work on the garden. Such lovely photos, too. And that eye -- gorgeous colors and so well-drawn. I do hope your new asthma meds work well so you no longer rattle -- my hubby has had serious but managed asthma since age 12, so I understand the challenge of both the disease and the medications. Be well, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marigold. It's lovely to see you here, my friend. I'm glad you enjoyed the photos. My new prescription has come through, so I should know in a few weeks if the new medications are going to work.

      Delete
    2. I removed your duplicate comment for you. Because I have comment moderation in place, comments don't appear immediately, they have to wait until I approve or disapprove. It's all to prevent spam comments.

      Delete
    3. So sorry for making extra work for you, D, and thank you for deleting the duplicate! One of these days I'll learn, LOL.

      Delete