Saturday 17 September 2022

Index Card Art Part Five

Hello friends!

Thank you to everyone for taking the time to look at my art, especially my previous blog. The work in that has been quite different for me. I'm taking a few days off from arts at the moment. I've done over 100 days straight now since June the 1st. I've made at least one small piece, sometimes a large piece of art everyday since then.  It's quite a lot, so like I say, I'm having a few days off before the taster session for Life Book 2023 begins on the 26th of September. Mind having invested so much time in doing art the house workers let slip so I won't be having any time off, I'll be cleaning house!!

Here's another roundup of index card art. I think I've just got one more weeks worth to put in, so that'll come sometime in the next few days.

These ones come in a variety of media. I was doodling on a card and somehow came up with a basic shape which you will see is repeated throughout every one of these cards. I've taken the basic shape and worked into it with adding bits or changing the media. After all, that's what index card art is all about. Experimenting. Oh, and of course having fun!






























It's surprising how you can change the look of something just by changing how you colour it in or adding a few extra bits here and there.

Until next time.
Stay safe, stay well.

Debbie xo

11 comments:

  1. Love your fabulous index cards, especially the dotty oness. It's good to take a break, but housework? Oh no! Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Valerie. Yes, I'm afraid housework. My physiotherapist is coming to the house next week. I have to be ready. Hope your weekends going well. Deb

      Delete
  2. You have been so productive, Deb. It must give you much pleasure to gaze upon all of your lovely pieces. Now don't do too much housework, as it will only be needed to do again in a few days! Have a nice weekend. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Martha Ellen. I have boxes of these pieces now as I've been doing index card art for several years. Unfortunately, with my physiotherapist visiting next week I have to get the house a bit tidied up. Hope your weekend is going well. Deb xoxo

      Delete
  3. This is how it is when I look at your artwork, as I start with the first one, " Oh, I like that and then I see the next one and I say, Oh I like that, too" and then on and on it goes as I look at each one. They all have something that appeals to me in different ways. But I will say I have two favorites. Number five reminds me of a Autumn flower, the colors are so pretty. But I do think my favorite is number seven. It reminds me of denim blue jeans and a leather vest from the 60's and early 70's. I love the colors! Wonderful artwork.

    Love and hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Darlene. That's a great interpretation, reminding you of denim blue jeans and a leather vest. I love the way different people put the different twist on what they're seeing. Hugs right back at Ya, Deb. xoxo

      Delete
  4. I love these, especially the first one. Some of the others remind me of the Australian Aboriginal Art at the Exhibition we went to on Friday (near Presteigne). I'll put some photos up shortly and you will see what I mean. You have a much more creative mind than I do!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Bovey Belle. A few people on the dedicated social media pages where they're shared said the same, that they remind them of Aboriginal art. Have a good weekend. What's left of it!

      Delete
  5. Amazing how one design can be used in so many ways. You are clever you really are. Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ragged Robin. Thank you. It is fascinating, isn't it? How one design can be used in many ways.

      Delete
  6. Thee remind me of the centre of a sunflower or osteospernum

    ReplyDelete