Friday 28 June 2024

This and That.

Hello Friends!

I'm trying to do what I can in Bloggland, but unfortunately some of you have got those irritating and  highly frustrating images as security {you know the ones where you must pick all the squares with cars/bikes/steps or whatever in them} and with Parkinson's it's virtually impossible to pass the test.  So, I'm reading but cannot comment.  It is a never ending journey of discovery with Parkinson's, finding out things so many of us take for granted then one day, little by little, we are no longer able to do them. Typing is a nightmare as keys often get pressed two or three times.  The dictaphone is not perfect, it has a mind of its own, but between the two I am adapting and managing at the moment.

In a short while, I shall be off to the post box on the corner with my Postal Ballot.  A week from today we will know who our Prime Minister and government will be for the next few years.  We have a new boundary for our constituency this time.   There are eight candidates, some of them look as if they are just out of kindergarten, while others look as if they are after something to occupy them in their retirement!

With Wimbledon beginning on Monday, there is something to look forward to for a fortnight.  I do hope Andy Murray will make an appearance in the Men's Singles draw, and/or with his brother Jamie in the Men's Doubles.

I look forward to the Paris Olympic Games too, and after this morning's announcement that Fred Sirieix is joining the BBC commentating team, my interest to view is even greater.  I am not sure why they feel he is qualified to commentate on sports, but he will be eye candy and a delight to listen to!  His daughter is apparently a diver on Team GB.  I do enjoy the opening ceremonies of Olympic Games, I wonder what delights Paris will bring forth?

I have recently been indulging in The Traitors US. If you like that sort of thing. It is utterly compelling viewing. It's worth it just to see the outfits that he host Alan Cumming wears, although I must admit I do rather like the outfits, Claudia Winkleman wears when she presents the British version. I'm not altogether sure though why our former speaker of the House of Commons John Bercow was on there? However, I did think he was rather good and got voted out rather undeservedly.

Meanwhile, ICAD continues.  Again, in no particular order


off prompt, waterproof pencils and ink


Off Prompt ink and Chromaflow 


"Fold"  ink and Chromaflow

"Steampunk" ink and Chromaflow

Steampunk bonus card  Ink and Graphite

Finally, this is still a work in progress. I'm trying out a new technique based on subtractive drawing. I scribbled graphite pencil all over the card Then I smudged it using a paper stump or tortillon. Using a circular stencil, I created the pattern by erasing the graphite using a fine pointed eraser. We shall see what happens to it next time. If my most recent selection of cards is anything to go by, it will undoubtedly have a steampunk bent to it.


Until next time.
Stay safe stay well.
Debbie.

10 comments:

  1. Love the Steam Punk look - very different.
    I'm very much looking forward to Wimbledon too - doubt Andy is fit enough for singles - I hate to watch him suffering, but I reckon he will have a go at the doubles with Jamie.
    Olympics exciting too, I'm not a fan of opening ceremonies - it goes on too long - I just want them to get on with the sports.
    They were concerned about security for the opening on the river - haven't heard if there has been any change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I have heard nothing about the river in Paris, will look out for news.

      Delete
  2. I especially like your steampunk pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry you are having so many health problems. Your ICADs are fabulous, the best I have seen. Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, coming from you that is a wonderful compliment indeed. Hope you keep cooler this w/end! Hugs, Deb

      Delete
  4. Deb, I always love your art! We’ve always kept up with Wimbledon here and are excited about the Paris Olympics! You continue to be on my list for daily words of encouragement and strength! Ah! Elections! We will have a vitally important one in November! Democracy must win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nellie, it's so lovely to see you, I was wondering where you were.

      Delete
  5. Wonderful artwork...the details in all of them are awesome. I always shake my head in amazement when I consider how small the "canvas" is. Your beautiful feather is my favorite, the colors, the details, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend. I like the feather too, but on Instagram the initial is a top favourite.

      Delete