Thursday 21 March 2024

Cards for Easter and More . . .

Hello Friends!

I'm afraid I haven't felt much up to blogging lately, but I thought I'd share with you some cards I made recently.

I've used a mix of Mirricard, matte metalic card, and American Crafts card. I made them using the Entwined Cross collection of dies by Leonie Pujol. I have had them for quite a while. They were still in their sleeve, unopened, when I went to use them this week. They were a bit fiddly and faffy to stick down, but I got there in the end.

They started out as Easter cards. However, looking at them, they would make suitable cards for baptism, first communion, sympathy, even wedding cards. As a result, I've decided not to put a sentiment on them and to leave them blank inside. It's always useful to have multi purpose blank cards on hand.




 


This one had a slight mishap while glueing in place . . . 


so I resorted to the old trick, if you make a mistake stick a butterfly on it . . . 


The top card here didn't cut out quite good enough so I trimmed it to even it up and to make it useable.  After all, Mirricard is not cheap!


The crossbar should have the same flourish as the top and bottom
but if I hadn't pointed it out, would you have noticed?


As always, I am well behind in posting, so must get a wriggle on today!

Until next time
Stay safe, stay well


Debbie xx


11 comments:

  1. Lots of fabulous and versatile cards! Hugs, Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lovely and so unusual. You are so creative Debbie and I especially love the one with the added butterfly :) You certainly have some super craft items to create such wonderful things. Take care Debbie (Caroline - Ragged Robin)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes the butterfly is a symbol of resurrection which adds meaning

      Delete
  3. I do agree with you 'It's always useful to have multi purpose blank cards on hand.'

    These cards do look very nice, and I don't think I would have noticed the missing flourish!

    Sending lots of good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, having them on hand beats making just one as needed.

      Delete
  4. The butterfly is lovely on the cross, Deb. Quite clever, indeed. Leaving them blank inside is a great idea. The intricacies on the crosses make them very special. Do take care of yourself, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, the butterfly motif is such a useful tip to hide mistakes, the fit on almost all designs.

      Delete
  5. They are simply beautiful, Deb. I agree, they could easily be used for several occasions. No, I would not notice the side flourishes gone. It's pretty just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think, gluing is the tricky part.

    ReplyDelete