Monday 20 November 2023

In Which Treasure Gets A New Jumper

Hello Friends!

Due to having Parkinson's, there are an increasing number of everyday things I cannot do, such as prepping food with a knife, dusting, and other manual things that we take for granted.  I drop things quite a lot too, but there are aids and tools to help me overcome a lot of these issues for now.  However, one thing that never fails to amaze me is that, despite these manual dexterity issues, I can still paint and draw, and I can still knit.  So far, no one can tell me why this is, but maybe it engages different parts of the brain?  Who knows?  I shall continue as long as I can.

Anyhow, out there on Tinterwebwonderland is the most charming little character called Frog who, courtesy of India Rose Crawford, shares the cutest of adventures.  If you want to be smitten by their utterly adorable cuteness, and be totally awestruck at India Rose's world in miniature then go here for Instagram or here for Facebook

Frog has a whole wardrobe of beautifully tailored clothes so when I found a knitting pattern for a tiny jumper by DotpebblesKnits on Etsy I decided to give it a go for Treasure.  He feels the cold, probably because he doesn't hibernate.

Oh Dear! It's too big again!  But he loves it anyway.


For an inexperienced knitter who just does plain and purl, stocking stitch and ribbing, I don't think I did too badly.  There were a few new techniques, but I mastered them courtesy of the online Godsend of YouTube.


Final fitting before sewing up.


As the following images show, this garment is knit in one piece, so it was quite a challenge, but I stuck to the pattern and trusted the instructions and et voila!




Other than the sizing issue, I don't think I did too badly at all.  I might tackle something else soon!

In the meantime, I am seeing positive results from Tai Chi and Qigong, and last week I had my Covid booster.

Until next time
Stay safe, stay well
Debbie xx


17 comments:

  1. Handy for it being too big, it's right ready for him to grow into it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super Debbie - it really is. The one's I make for Timothy are always too big! You are such an inspiration and I love the frog. That is really good news about Tai Chi and Qigong. Keep going with the knitting. I can only do basics like knit, pearl, cast on and off and increase and decrease. Yet even with that you can make a jumper even for yourself. I never bother with complicated stuff like cable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's not easy sizing things for them is it?

      Delete
  3. I think you should be able to study for a degree on YouTube on anything. I'm glad that you are benefiting from Tai Chi etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know someone who fixed her dishwasher herself from YouTube.

      Delete
  4. Well done! You inspire me. I’m glad the Tai Chi and Qi Gong is helping you. I think you’ll benefit in the long run 💗

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. You speak with familiarity, I wish I knew who you are.

      Delete
  5. It's strange that some things are still possible and others not. I can paint, and sew things with the machine, but trying to draw a line or write something is hard, and today I couldn't read my shopping list. Nest time I will type it! But I adore your teddy sweater, so beautiful!
    Take care of yourself! Have a great week, hugs! Valerie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to try sewing again. Keep Swimming! Hugs, Deb

      Delete
  6. Well, Treasure looks darling in his new outfit! Well done on your knitting, my friend. So glad to hear you are seeing results from your new exercise routine. Stay warm and cozy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely new outfit for Treasure!! Grateful for vaccines, and I’m glad you’ve had the latest one! Sending you love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My dear Mum used to do a lot of knitting, she tried to teach me but it was something I just never took to ... a shame, but that was how it was. Her knitting needles were always busy and clicking away ... happy memories :)

    I like Treasure's new outfit, he looks so cute.
    So pleased you are seeing positive results from Tai Chi and Qigong.

    Sending my good wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jan. Yes my Mum too and my Nanna, but more surprisingly my Grandfather on my father's side knit beautifully too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Treasure looks so warm and cozy in his new outfit. The yarn looks so soft. I think you did a great job on it.

    I wonder, too at how our brains work. I know that Alzheimer's patients that can't communicate can still sing. I guess in the long run it doesn't matter why, it's just wonderful that you can still do those things, yes? I do know you do them well.

    Keep up the good work on all your projects. We love seeing what you are up to~

    Love and hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete