Thursday 25 April 2019

My Garden Sings in Raindrops

Hello Friends!

I am sitting in my cottage window, sipping a delicious mug of Constant Comment tea, watching the garden sway and dance in the gently billowing breeze, and listening to the early morning music of the raindrops as they pitter patter on the panes, and splitter splatter on the stones outside. The timpani section echoes from the chimney, and the chirruping birds provide the most delightful chorus.








The birds have been singing their hearts out since early morning, just before the dawn, but for now they take the side line as today centre stage goes to the rain ~~~ my garden sings in raindrops!

What a difference a few days makes! Just last week, over the long Easter weekend, we basked in a mini heatwave with gorgeous sunshine, gentle breezes, and brightly blue skies. People swarmed to the beaches, slurped on ice creams, and I am sure much chocolate was devoured on the plethora of Easter Egg hunts across the land.

I took photographs of my garden in the sunshine, which you can see here.  Today, with the rain, the blooms look so different, and even though the skies are grey the flowers glisten and glimmer with shiny pearls and crystal raindrops.

Here are a few.






I disturbed a nest of newly hatched spiderlings ~~~ shudders! And away they scuttle!



However much we gardeners wage war on snails, it cannot be denied that in the rain their shells glisten and glimmer, and beautiful colours and patterns emerge on the self contained homes of thes voracious predators of lettuce and lupins.



and finally, a few more flowers and seed heads from the garden.

A positively purply pink party of synchronised swimming swans


The simplicity of a single blade of grass, elegantly decorated with pearls of water


and my favourite seed head of them all, the wonderful Pulsatilla vulgaris


I wonder what surprises will be flowering soon?

Until next time~~~
Deborah

15 comments:

  1. I adore each and every photo, Deb! Even the rascal snails. You see nature in its purest form. Taking your time to even get soaking wet. Such beauty in those pearl raindrops that we sometimes forget to view. Loveliness all around you! Thank you for having eyes to see and photograph, my dear friend! xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, my friend, and yes even the snails {and spiderlings} all God's creatures! Getting wet is par for the course, and when I go out and about I often take a bin liner to lie out on now! Have a lovely evening. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all these photos from your garden, Debs! Beautiful photography of things we may not take notice of in passing. Even the snails, who along with slugs do a number on my plants too! You have an expert eye for beauty and remind me how lovely nature can be.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barb, I do tend to take twice as long to get things done because I am always poking around looking for things to take pictures!

      Delete
  4. Such a wonderful set of photos. Lovely to see your garden birds and so many beautiful photos of raindrops on plants - they look so beautiful and your pictures are a reminder of the wonders of nature so thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely photos. It's wonderful to listen yo the birdsong isn;t it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, birdsong always lifts the spirits.

      Delete
  6. You never fail to deliver spectacular photos and writing worthy enough to be published! Thanks again for a visit in your lovely shire, even tho I am still shivering over the spiders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I put the spiders in especially for you, my friend. {ducks, runs, hides} xo

      Delete
  7. I am having difficulty in publishing this comment, kindly left by Marilyn, so not wanting her to be left out I have copied it to paste it from the message. I don't know what happened, but Thank you Marilyn for your kind words.
    Here's what Marilyn says

    "Thank you for sharing your garden and your life with your readers. I'm glad I found your Blog, I think it was through Susan Branch and her Blog---but I'm not positive. I look forward to your musings that include so many interesting little details. And it intrigues me to learn things about where you live; which is far away from where I am in California."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the trouble, but I'm happy you could read my comment.

      Delete
    2. It was no trouble, it was my pleasure to help!

      Delete
  8. OMG ...You have shared such wonderful photos ...They really made my heart sing... You have such a keen eye for detail. We a a long way behind you this year, but today the rain is so very kindly washing away the dullness and remenants of winter and I can see green sprouts in the garden. Your lovely post gave me Spring inspiration ...Have a blessed week-end...Hugs

    ReplyDelete