Wednesday 4 August 2021

Flowers Always Bring Me Joy

Hello Friends!

Not only am I gratefully heartened and encouraged by those of you who've taken the time to write such kind and lovely comments recently, I'm happy to know that my efforts have made some of you want to pick up your paints and brushes again yourselves.  Joyful times of creating lie ahead!

I am still plodding on with ICAD, but am anxious to finish it now so that I can give myself permission to move on to something else.  Ten more today, and the final nine next time.

43/61  Freehand pen and ink


44/61  Impression inspired by the view from my desk, across the garden to the Rosa Rugosa and neighbouring trees beyond


45/61  Need to step back and chill.  I must accept I missed the end date {so did many others} and stop churning out rubbish just to complete.


46/61 Cornflowers, well, sort of cornflowers!


47/61  Imaginary image


48/61  Loosely based on the very colourful, municipal town planting in Haverfordwest that brought me much joy waiting in the bus stop for my connections on my long bus journeys, several days a week, to visit Mum in her care home.  A happier memory from a dark time of confusion and sadness.  Flowers always bring me joy.


49/61  I realised I needed a rose, so with a little online guidance, I bravely drew this freehand using gel pen directly on the washed card and tinted using Inktense.  E for Effort!  49 down, 12 to go!


50/61  Hanging basket.  A long time ago, our local council provided a pair of hanging baskets for each shop in the village.  Most did not take long to perish due to neglect, but one business watered daily and fed regularly, really taking good care of her gift, and her baskets were a sight to behold.


51/61   For years I've hankered after one of those big, bronze, rich burnt orange chrysanthemum potted plants for my porch during the Autumn months but can only ever find yellow and white in the shops.  Ironically, usually around Easter I can find the burnt orange ones, when the white and yellow would be more seasonally appropriate.


52/61  Just a doodle that went a bit astray using neon colour gel pens


Until next time
Stay safe, stay well

12 comments:

  1. I think the dandelion seed is my favourite but also the hanging basket and the final doodle where you have captured the pot really well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Yes, bit annoying that the pot is let down by my dire choice of "planting".

      Delete
  2. I agree with Sue. I love that Haverfordwest planter too.

    I feel you will be glad to move on from this challenge :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes you are correct, 61 days is a long time to commit, and while I start off with great gusto I think I suffer from Attention Deficit Disorder. I am always anxious to finish and move on, every year.

      Delete
  3. Such beautiful little paintings - you might be disappointed with some but to those of us who haven't a clue they are all really lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Sue. Well, you know what they say? We're often our own worst critics.

      Delete
  4. Beautiful paintings - each one so different but with something special about each one :) The hanging basket is stunning but I love them all :) Take care and I look forward to seeing the final few :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'm glad you like them. Final few now underway! Starting to flag.

      Delete
  5. Ironically, my favorite is your most simple -- the beautiful lined piece at the top. I could see that framed, small but with a much larger mat so that it really stands out. The monochromatic look and elegant lines just call to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. Nothing ironic, everyone likes different things. That one took longer to dry than draw! However, it's on my list of ones to rework when my 30 minute time limit disappears with card #61!

      Delete
  6. OOOh, the pot in that last one is magnifique! 👌 Love all the pretties you created this go-round. I think your cornflower card would make for a pretty wallpaper! Happy Sunday, my dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Kim. Yes, the cornflower would do so with a lot more work. That one was done with so little thought I really should have torn it up! Have a great week, my friend.

      Delete