Friday 1 September 2017

Let's Give This A Go?

Hello Friends!

Let's give this a go with pictures and text today and see how it goes.

Thank you for all your comments and support. Things are still not right on my end, but are better than they were. My Reading List is empty, and I know that there should be many! My page looks different too, so I was this all something to do with a really big Windows 10 update I had? Some of you had all my blogs publish in one go, going way back, while others got no notifications at all, and some of you wonder what I'm going on about because you haven't seen any of it! My page views plummeted to fewer than five per day! They are back up now, to normal, thankfully.  I won't list more, but you get the drift, all is still not right with my blog.

So, let's just keep this simple today, and see how things go?  It's a beautiful Autumn day here in the Shire, the sky is blue, cotton puffs of cloud drift on by, so lazily that they are almost at a standstill, the wind is barely moving, and I feel as lazy as the day. I can't do much, I'm waiting the arrival of a new appliance, so am tied and limited as to what I can do today.

I made an old favourite for my lunch, something I haven't made in a long, long while. My Vegetarian Meatless Balls in a sweet barbecue sauce on rice. So easy, and to get back into the swing of things I'll share it with you.

I made up a packet of soya based vegetarian sausage mix, according to the directions, but you can use any recipe you have for meatless balls.  You can even use real meat if you must!

I rolled them into small rounds, and dusted in lightly seasoned flour before searing them to give a crispy crust in some hot oil.




Meanwhile, I warmed some barbecue sauce and an equal quantity of apricot jam in a pan.


Pop the meatless balls in an oven proof dish, pour over the sauce, and put in a medium oven, Gas Mark 6 or equivalent, for about 25 minutes until the sauce is bubbling and the balls are cooked.

Serve over plain boiled rice and with some vegetables of choice, if desired.  This recipe also goes well in Submarine style rolls, and the sauce is good with a lot of other dishes too ~~~


Pudding was a bowl of sun ripened, freshly picked juicy blackberries, from the stone hedge at the back of the cottage.


Well, my friends, so far so good. All have uploaded and fingers crossed this will publish!

Until next time ~~~
~~~Deborah xo

19 comments:

  1. And it appeared on my blog list but there again I'm one that hasn't noticed anything wring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There's been an odd assortment of issues, some can, some can't see them, I am aware of the lot!

      Delete
  2. This post looks beautifully delicious, Deb. Your meatless meatballs along with the rice and veggies looks wonderful. Now those blackberries are just what I want. I have really fond memories of picking them as a child. It's really nothing like those juicy jewels! xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Blackberry picking shouts "Autumn is here" doesn't it? xoxo

      Delete
  3. Can see and read everything - have had no problems with reading your blog at all so I wonder where the glitch was. I read by going into your blog via the reading list link on my blog. Blackberries looking good there, they might be better here now we have had more rain.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No idea, Sue! Still one or two things, but straightening themselves out slowly. Yes, need more rain, preferably at night!

      Delete
  4. Your post appeared in my Reading List, too. Looks yummy even though I'm a diehard meat eater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Deborah you appeared on my reading list, nice to see you back, I am not a vegetarian but you food looks nice and tempting. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The sauce is very simple, you can use it on chicken or pork just as well, I'm sure. I also use it on tofu.xo

      Delete
  6. I've had no problems either.. so strange some others are. Mmmm your meatless meatballs look delicious.. just my kind of thing, might just have to give them a try. :o)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It is very easy and everything freezes too!

      Delete
  7. Hi Deb~

    It all worked wonderfully on my end. So nice to see a post from you after all your troubles.

    That looks like a great meal. I am wanting to make up some comforting foods, too. Autumn came to my house today and I loved it! I even had to put a long sleeved shirt on. :-)

    Love and hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, my friend, they both eventually showed up for you. It certainly is the time for thinking comfort foods, and I'm smiling for you because your heat is abating at last. Love, Deb xoxo

      Delete
  8. Blog post appearing fine here and your blog updated on My Blog List - do hope you get problems sorted! Several times we have had trouble accessing Google Chrome after a massive Windows 10 update but, as far as I know, my blog was unaffected.

    Vegetarian meatless balls look scrumptious - will try them and the sauce - always looking for new veggie recipes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Glad to hear from you again! I'm a vegetarian and would love this dish; a must try.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Then, I bet you'd love my Butternut Squash pasta sauce I'm making today!

      Delete
  10. Looking good here, as does your lunch! Have a lovely weekend, Deborah!

    ReplyDelete