Monday 2 December 2019

Festival of Christmas Trees ~ The Wreaths

Hello Friends!

As promised in my previous blog about the Christmas trees, which you can read here, these are the decorated wreaths in the new associated competition.  I think you will agree they are just as creative and inventive as the many trees we've seen over the years, and I think this gives us hope that there will be so much more to come in this new category.  If you look close enough I think you will see a couple of wreaths that may be made by the same creators as some of the trees as they are very similar in concept.  We've got hand crafted, recycled, natural materials, and some with glitz and glamour, even a sprout wreath ~ love them or hate them, they are very much a part of Christmas dinner!  I think the lady who came up with bringing this as an extra dimension was very clever indeed!
















THE WINNER!  Papier Mache hand painted wreath by Amy at the National Trust Shop



Which one is your favourite?

Until next time
Deborah xoxo

16 comments:

  1. Oh Deb! These are delightfully inventive and imaginative. I like the first -- the ship's wheel a lot, and the Brussels sprouts, which I never would have thought of. Also the idea of using the Scrabble letters. Lots of work and creativity here. They must have been fun to see in person.

    Thanks so much for coming by my blog! It's always a treat when you are there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Jeanie. I know. so much originality and creativity at work.
      I love your blog, and am so happy to have found it!

      Delete
  2. Yes, another great show of creativity. I'm partial to natural elements so the acuba and holly wreath as well as the surprising brussel sprout and rosemary wreath are my favorites. The National Trust entry is lovely and so creative. It appears to be made over a grapevine wreath. Beautiful painting and colors! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really outstanding, Deb! I was taken with the "nods" to your seacoast location! I think the ship's wheel with seaweed was most original. The crocheted or knitted ones made me think of dear little ladies working industriously at home to make their wreathes. I do think I agree with 1st place. The paintings of local landmarks shows tremendous artistic talent (maybe I'm prejudiced being married to an artist!). I enjoyed them all. I'm sure theses will no doubt spark interesting ideas for next year! Thank you for sharing this with us! Blessings, Jane xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it, Jane, so happy you stopped by. Thank you, Deb xo

      Delete
  4. I did like the winner, but also the ones with the mice and the seaweed. All very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first placed one was my favourite too. What a fantastic new idea, hope it spreads over this way

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, and that lovely wreath is now first prize in a local fundraising raffle! Hope I win it!

      Delete
  6. The wreaths really are fantastic and so creative :) My favourite is the one that was the winner but I also really liked the reindeer one and the sprouts wreath is a great idea :) A wonderful selection there :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I know the reindeer one is all hand crafted and took a long time to make too. The sprout one is fun!

      Delete
  7. Pity to waste the sprouts. I think I prefer the natural looking ones.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really creative and clever wreaths here. My favorite is the second one from the top. I alsotThink the Brussels sprouts one is a hoot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Marigold, it's lovely to see you visiting.

      Delete