Friday, 3 February 2017

17 for 2017

Hello Friends ~~~

Last year, thanks to my new and very lovely blog friend Sandra over on Wild Daffodil {a very creative and inspiring person and blog ~ and isn't that a delightful name?} I became aware of a fun event called 16 for 2016.  It has been running for a few years, and I toyed with joining in, but it was so close to the end of the year I decided not to. I thought about it again, but January slipped by and fiddledeedee, wouldn't you know it, I didn't start, but with some gentle encouragement from Sandra, here I am with my list of 17 for 2017.  Being the ferret that I am, I managed to back trace this concept to the original blog by Laura at Made in Oxford, and you can find it here.

I am a little bit behind starting, but anyone can join in at any time if they want to. I'm doing this partly to try and get back into making things and using up some of my not inconsiderable stash, and to set myself some written goals which, somehow, seem easier to achieve than the sort of goals that waft around in the ether and never reach fruition.

Being a bear of very little brain, and as this is my first year, with her kind permission, I have used some of Sandra's suggestions for some ideas to get me going. Once I started thinking, however, my own ideas started to flow through and suddenly I had a list of over 30 ideas to pick from!  So, without further ado, here is my list of 17 for 2017 ~~~

17  Handmade greetings cards
16  Handwritten letters using proper ink, paper, or notecards
15  Embroidery stitches learned and used
14  Walks of more than 1 hour
13  Books read from those already owned that I have not yet read
12  Weeks of "It's Never Too Late To Begin Again" by Julia Cameron completed
11  New recipes tried from my plethora of cookbooks
10  Scrapbook pages of memories
 9  Machine needle felted project {I have a barely used embellishing machine}
 8  Recycled denim projects from my huge stash of previously loved denim jeans
 7  Works In Progress completed
 6  Frame worthy watercolour paintings of any size
 5  Random acts of kindness
 4  Raised beds of vegetables grown
 3  Social Media free days per week {checking emails and blog are allowed}
 2  Stones of weight lost {for my American readers, that's 28lbs}
 1  One blog page created ~ header "17 for 2017"
 0  Fabric, Haberdashery, or Notions bought unless absolutely necessary to achieve                    completion of a project.

So, I'm ready to play!

Until next time ~~~
~~~Deborah xo

15 comments:

  1. Your list looks as long as mine...good luck to both of us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I haven't over extended my intentions! Yes, good luck both of us!

      Delete
  2. What an excellent idea! I am in serious need of some gentle nudging to use up, make do, and create new. January slipped by me, too. Today is the perfect time to begin the remainder of 2017. Thank you! ~♡~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, I'll look forward to seeing what your list looks like too!

      Delete
  3. What a brilliant list of things you have planned, you are going you be extremely busy I think. I shall look forward to seeing how you get on

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to spend less time online, less time with the telly on, and more time using up my stash ~ this is a tailor made list!

      Delete
  4. Deb, your ideas for using up your stashes sound exciting and fun. I think your new year will be full of lovely projects. Just writing down intentions is the first step of accomplishments to come. I like the idea of a limited list. Also less time on social media is a goal of mine as well. xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think starting 'off' New Year and calling them intentions rather than resolutions sets me up with a better chance of success too. I always think of resolutions as setting up for failure.
      I can see many across social media saying hte same thing!
      ~~~Deb xoxo

      Delete
  5. This is such a brilliant list. Thank you so much for all the lovely things you say about me, I am delighted you have joined in, it will be fun cheering each other on. Julia Cameron is one of my valued 'teachers' - I did ' The Artists Way' and have been in a lovely group we call the 'Vein of Gold' for about 16 years. I didn't know about 'It's Never Too Late...', so I'm going to look that up - thank you for introducing me to it. And you did some links!!! Hurray!!!!!! I am particularly looking forward to seeing your art and textile based crafts. Go girl!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never tell fibs, and you truly are one of the most inspirational and creative souls I know!
      Yes, I stumbled across her new version by accident too. I'm looking forward to doing the memoirs as scrapbook pages. Will be interested to know what you think of the new book.
      ~~~Deb xo

      Delete
  6. It sounds like a wonderful goal to shoot for. I wish you well and look forward to hearing about the things you have completed. I think you are going to feel such a wonderful sense of accomplishment.

    Love and hugs, Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll be one of the first to know!
      Love and hugs right back at you ~~~D xoxo

      Delete
  7. Great goals, Deborah! I hope you share your accomplishments here and let us know how things are going!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Kimberly. Yes, one of my goals is to tackle technology head on and set up a page on this blog which will be dedicated just for recording my progress on these tasks.

      Delete
  8. Some lovely goals here, look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by today ~ I love reading your comments