Monday, 25 July 2016

I May Return To Blogger After All

Gentle Reader ~~~ Having tried Wordpress and found it has it's merits, I may well be returning to the Google Blogger platform in the near future as it is too time consuming to be flipping back and forth between the two platforms.

While Wordpress is a very smart and precise machine, it has many idiosyncrasies that I cannot get used to, and some things I just do not like, such as being unable to use a font of choice or adjust the colour and sizing without paying a princely sum for the privilege.  In just a few short weeks, I have used a whopping 3% of my allowance, so I can see that being a drawback at some point too.

One of two things will happen ~ either I will switch back, or I will stay on Wordpress ~ or I shall give up blogging all together ~~~ oops, wait, that's three things!

During my absence I have made a major decision about the garden, I have returned to my art ~painting and drawing~, and am eager to share it all with you, either here or on Wordpress, and once the decision is made, I have a lovely book here that I plan to give away to followers in the near future, so do please share the word.

Until next time
~~~Deborah

12 comments:

  1. Hi Deborah I have missed your blog,I was going to send a message to you to see how you are.
    I like reading your blog on here best of all, please do keep blogging, yours is one of my favourites x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, yes, I will keep blogging, not sure how often, probably like a bus, wait ages for one and then three or four come along all together!

      Delete
  2. Deb, I will miss you if you go, but we all must do what is best for us. In my heart I hope you stay! Have a great day. xoxo ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wouldn't it be great to have all the best bits and none of the bad bits of both platforms in one place?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely! Both have good and bad points, I could happily lose the bad ones!

      Delete
  4. I will try to keep following you~~~~~~~
    I may have to get a new e-mail, because there are some that I can't reply to now as it is!
    Hugs,
    Margot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. One of the issues I have with Wordpress is their lack of data protection ~ every time someone comments I got to see their email address and I think that should be kept private, not shared. I would never abuse that, but others would not give it a second thought.

      Delete
  5. I will follow you whatever you decide. Pick what works best for you!

    Looking forward to seeing more of your art.
    Love and hugs,
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So, I'm stuck with you? lol ~ glad you found me, my friend!

      Delete
  6. Good luck with whatever you decide. I haven't a clue about blogging, but enjoy the efforts of others. Creative writing seems to be one of your talents, as is art. I predict both will continue to be expressed and shared with others in some form or fashion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Encouraged by someone else to do so, I tried the other platform, learned a lot, and now use what works best for me, not them. That's the best thing for anyone.

      Delete

Thank you for stopping by today ~ I love reading your comments